Meta to sell Blue Budge on Facebook and Instagram
Meta, the parent company of various social media platforms, Facebook, Messenger, WhatsApp, and Instagram Application has announced its intention to sell Blue Budge with a new subscription plan on Facebook and Instagram. The following subscription plan is called Meta Verified.
Those who subscribe to Meta Verified will receive a blue checkmark on their Instagram and Facebook accounts. As for the subscription fee, users will be able to purchase and use it for $15 a month after verifying your information.
The subscription feature is now rolling out for the first time in New Zealand and Australia this week. Other countries will soon be allowed to purchase the Meta Verified service. The subscription will cost $11.99 a month for web or $14.99 for Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android.
Meta’s existing verified badges
Meta allows users to verify their information using government-approved ID cards. According to Meta, subscription feature will allow users to contact customer support directly and protect user’s account from being attached or acquired by others. As per a Facebook post by Mark Zuckerberg on his official Facebook account, it can be inferred that the newly introduced subscription plan “Meta Verified” has a core objective of ensuring the safety and security of its users’ sensitive information. Although the subscription service available countries are mentioned, Meta did not say when it would be available for other countries.
According to the information mentioned in Meta’s blog post, those who subscribed through Meta Verified will receive the followings:
- A verified badge, confirming you’re the real you and that your account has been authenticated with a government ID.
- More protection from impersonation with proactive account monitoring for impersonators who might target people with growing online audiences.
- Help when you need it with access to a real person for common account issues.
- Increased visibility and reach with prominence in some areas of the platform– like search, comments and recommendations.
- Exclusive features to express yourself in unique ways.
For more information about Meta Verified subscription, users can access the Meta Channel of Mark Zuckerberg on the Instagram Platform through your mobile device only.